Direct Die Attach with high heat flux and high power capabilities
To meet the increasing demand for improved thermal management solutions, ACT has advanced Vapor Chamber Products available. These new devices, also referred to as Thermal Ground Plane (TGP), offer high heat loading, with heat fluxes above 700 W/cm² over a 1 cm² area and total power up to 2,000W at a heat flux of 500 W/cm². These new Vapor Chamber/ Thermal Ground Plane are constructed with aluminum nitride ceramic plates covered with direct bond copper (DBC). This structure enables direct attachment to high powered silicon, gallium arsenide and gallium nitride microelectronics chips. The new vapor chamber is ideal for thermal management in laser and other high powered electronic cooling applications. Vapor chamber sizes are customizable. To date sizes up to 10cm x10cm have been manufactured.
Performance features of these devices include:
- High Power: > 2000W with 4cm² Heat Input (>500 W/cm²)
- High Heat Flux: > 700W/cm² with 1cm² Heat Input
- Low Evaporator Resistance: 0.05 to 0.1 °C/W-cm²
- Low CTE -Aluminum Nitride Ceramic with Direct Bond Copper – Approximately 5.5 ppm/°C
- Direct Die Attach – Direct Bond Copper Can be Etched for Electrical Circuitry, Gold Plated, Gold/Tin Deposited for Direct Solder Attach – Demonstrated on TGP Prototype