52ND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS (ICES) 2023
The International Conference on Environmental Systems focuses on the dissemination of technical and scientific information on topics related to humans living in space and working in extreme environments.
52nd International Conference on Environmental Systems
ACT staff Presentation Topics:
- Advanced 3D Printed Wicks for Loop Heat Pipes (Rohit Gupta,Chien-Hua Chen)
- Development of Proto-Flight Hot Reservoir Variable Conductance Heat Pipes for Microgravity Testing and Future Lunar Landers (Kuan-Lin Lee)
- Two-Phase Thermal Switch for Lunar Lander and Rover Thermal Management (Nathan Van Velson)
- Development of a Variable Conductance Cold Plate for Spatial and Temporal Isothermality Across Power Scales (Mike Ellis, Ellie Seber)
- Demonstration of Ice-Extraction and Ice-Collection System for Lunar Ice Miners Extraction (Kuan-Lin Lee, Quang Truong, Sai Srinivas, et al.)
- Advanced Two-Phase Cooling System for Modular Power Electronics (Kuan-Lin Lee, Sai Srinivas, et al.)
- Experimental Comparison of Two-Phase Heat Spreaders for Space Modular Electronics
- Novel Vapor Chambers for Advanced Sorption Systems (Haley Myer, Mike Ellis)
- Status of Development of a Thermal Probe for Icy Planet Exploration (Brett Leitherer, Calin Tarau, Kuan-Lin Lee, Srujan Rokkam)
NUCLEAR AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES FOR SPACE (NETS 2023)
Stop by and say hi to ACT’s R&D engineering team at Table 8 in the exhibit area of the conference.
SPACE SYMPOSIUM 2023
Year after year, the Space Symposium keeps up its reputation as the “must attend” space industry event.
Come check out the action at Space Symposium 2023 and stop by to chat about what’s new in spacecraft thermal control with engineers from ACT at booth #421!
Register here: https://web.cvent.com/event/
Lunar Surface Innovation Consortium
Lunar Surface Innovation Consortium (LSIC) Fall Meeting 2022, U. of Texas El Paso and Virtual, November 2-3, 2022
- “Developing a Thermal Toolbox to Survive the Lunar Night” Bill Anderson
SPACE-COMM EXPO UK
ACT Booth# E-39
NASA Thermal and Fluids Analysis Workshop (NASA TFAWS)
PURPOSE: To provide a forum for knowledge sharing, professional development, and networking throughout the thermal fluids engineering community of NASA, universities, and the aerospace industry worldwide.
Bengalaru Space Exhibition
ACT’s representatives from SMCEL will be pleased to welcome you to booth: D1, Bengaluru Space Expo 2022. ACT’s R&D Manager Srujan Rokkam will be present at the booth. Please contact us to set up a meeting to discuss your project.
LUNAR EXPLORATION ANALYSIS GROUP
Waste Heat-Based Thermal Corer for Lunar Ice Extraction (Kuan-Lin, Quang, Sai, et al.)
SMALL SATELLITE CONFERENCE
AUGUST 6–11, 2022
During the 36th Annual Small Satellite Conference, we will explore the realm of the possible and investigate key advancements for small satellite missions to truly become transformational scientific discovery tools beyond low Earth orbit.
ACT’s McKenzie Read, Spacecraft Thermal Analyst will present on Monday August 8th at 3:30PM MST in the DBH Presidents Hall.
Design for Thermal: Understanding and tackling thermal challenges in space
As processing power increases onboard small satellites, the need for thermal control is vital. An optimized thermal design can make all the difference in mission success. Join ACT’s McKenzie Read for a discussion on how to thread the needle between under design and overdesign. We’ll dive into smart requirements definition, agile design and analysis, and cost-effective hardware from our extensive product lineup: from tried-and-true technology with millions of flight hours to newer innovative thermal techniques that support high power, high heat flux, broad temperature ranges, and lunar night survival. Learn how ACT and its products and services can support your mission at all stages.
SPACE RESOURCES ROUNDTABLE
The Space Resources Roundtable (SRR) is happy to announce that it will convene its 22nd meeting on June 7-10, 2022. The meeting will be held in person on the campus of the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, CO, USA.
- Presentation title: Waste Heat-Based Thermal Corer for Lunar Ice Extraction
- Presenter: Kuan-Lin Lee
The Intersociety Conference on Thermal and
Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems
Michael Ellis will present on – Hollow Micropillar Evaporator for Wide-Bandgap Silicon Carbide Power Converters
Josh Smay will present on – Simulation of a Heat Pipe Test Fixture: Laminar, Internal, Forced Convection in a Tubed Cold Plate
SPACECRAFT THERMAL CONTROL WORKSHOP- VIRTUAL
Team members from ACT’s R&D group will present on recent Spacecraft Thermal Control Research (William G. Anderson, Jeffery Diebold, Michael C. Ellis, Josh Charles, Sai-Kiran Hota, Kuan-Lin Lee, Srujan Rokkam, Elizabeth Seber, Calin Tarau, and Quang Truong)