ACT’s facility in Lancaster, Pennsylvania has gone through 7 expansions since the company’s inception in 2003. It currently occupies more than 140,000 square feet within Burle Corporate Park, consisting of manufacturing, laboratory, and office spaces, with options for further expansion to accommodate growth in our various business areas.
Learn about ACT’s York, PA Location, occupying more than 60,000 square feet dedicated to designing, manufacturing, and testing ruggedized environmental control systems for military, government, and industrial applications under the Tekgard® brand.
ACT’s manufacturing operation is configured for both quick prototyping and full production of diverse, custom-designed thermal products, such as Heat Pipe Assemblies, Phase Change Heat Sinks, HVAC Heat Exchangers, Sealed Enclosure Coolers and Pumped Two-Phase cooling systems. ACT routinely provides complex turn-key thermal systems, which often include large Bill of Materials (BOMs) requirements.
ACT’s heat pipe production facility is the most versatile in the industry, currently having the capacity to simultaneously produce and test the following thermal products of various custom designs, at the specified annual quantities:
- Assemblies (copper/water heat pipe, PCM): 10,000’s
- Constant Conductance Heat Pipes, tested for space: 1,000+
- Enclosure Coolers: 1,000’s
- Custom HVAC Assemblies: 100’s
These quantities can be readily scaled up to meet customer demand, by adding additional personnel and/or equipment, with the option of occupying additional manufacturing space within the Burle complex.
ACT’s overarching goal is to provide a superior standard of service to our customers through responsiveness, competitive pricing, and most importantly, the quality of our products and services. This is why Quality and continuous improvement are core ACT operating principles.
ACT was first certified in accordance with ISO9001 in December 2005 and expanded to AS9100 one year later to better service the aerospace market. The ISO 9001 and AS9100 certificate demonstrates ACT’s commitment to achieving the highest quality standards in the industry, and to providing our customers with superior products and solutions. A digital copy of our current certificate is made available to our customers:
ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 and in accordance with the requirements of AS9104/1:2012: The design and manufacture of cooling systems for aerospace and terrestrial-related industries.
Product testing equipment includes:
- Heat treat ovens, calibrated per AMS 2770
- Multiple Helium Mass Spectrometer Leak Detectors
- Radiography per ASTM-E-1742 and personnel qualification per NAS-410.
- Established processes to qualify welders per AWS D17.1, “Specification for Fusion Welding for Aerospace Applications”.
- Environmental chambers: temperature cycle testing
- Thermo-vacuum chambers: spacecraft product testing
- Temperature and humidity-controlled wind tunnels: heat exchanger testing to AHRI standards
- Custom thermal test equipment, including Data Acquisition
- Extensive dimensional inspection equipment
- Four (4) FARO arms; 4’ to 8’
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (700mm x 1000mm x 700mm) including PC-DMIS software
- 4’ x 8’ x 4’ granite surface table
- Hand inspection tools, including calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, height gauges
Here are a few facts about ACT’s quality team and the standards ACT’s staff apply in a variety of projects:
- Our Quality Assurance Manager is an ASQ certified Six Sigma Black Belt who provides extensive training in quality tools and methodology to the ACT staff.
- Welders are qualified in accordance with AWS D17.1 standards and have also been certified to perform visual examinations of welds according to MIL-STD-2219A, AWS D17.1, and AWS B2.1 standards.
- Members of ACT’s staff are certified to perform radiography per NAS410 Level II.
- Learn more about Our Team.
Examples of additional regulatory support systems:
- IATA, CFR and IMDG certified personnel and procedures for shipping products containing hazmat materials
- S. DOS registered procedures and trained staff for controlling Export Controlled and ITAR related manufacturing articles
- S. DCAA audited accounting system for recording and controlling manufacturing costs
- Basic NIST 800-171 compliance achieved
ACT staff is supported by cutting-edge engineering design, analysis and computing facilities including CFD, FEA and CAD workstations and a small-scale supercomputer with multiple processors and hyper-threading capabilities.
ACT’s facility and quality objectives are a direct reflection of our core values: Innovation, Teamwork, and Customer Care. These characteristics will continue to serve ACT as we strive to meet our customers’ increasing needs.
To find out more about our facility, or to discuss your specific project needs, contact us.