This webpage includes links to some of ACT’s resources, including the free online heat pipe calculator, technical papers, heat pipe tutorials, and webinars. All of the information is freely available, no registration is required.
- Heat Pipe Calculator: Free calculator to predict copper water heat pipe performance as a function of temperatures and heat pipe dimensions
- PCM Calculator: Free tool to help calculate which PCM options will best serve your thermal storage needs
- Air to Air Heat Exchanger Selection Tool: This program will assist the HVAC design engineer in the proper selection of an AAHX and provide energy savings estimates
- Wrap Around Heat Exchanger Selection Tool: This program will assist the HVAC design engineer in the proper selection of a WAHX and provide energy savings estimates
- Enclosure Coolers Selection Tool: Using your input values, this tool will help those in need of an Enclosure Cooler determine which model would suit your needs.
Heat Pipe Resources: Perhaps the most extensive information on heat pipes anywhere on the web, including heat pipe operating principles, design, selection, performance limitations, and advanced heat pipes.
Thermal Storage Resources: Information on thermal storage for applications ranging from mJ to MJ, including Phase Change Material (PCM) heat sinks, a PCM heat sink calculator, PCM heat sink design and modelling, and advanced thermal storage systems.
ACT Articles: Trade magazine articles authored by ACT personnel.
ACT Brochures: All of ACT’s brochures and technical data sheets listed on a single page.
ACT Case Studies: An overview of some of the wide variety of industries and applications that ACT has successfully served, including design studies, trade studies, LED cooling, and custom test rigs.
ACT Patents: Abstracts and Full Patents.
ACT Technical Papers: Conference and journal papers by ACT personnel, including abstracts and pdfs of the full paper. HTML versions are constantly being added.
ACT Videos: ACT’s thermal management video tutorials, including heat pipes, heat sinks, LED thermal management, and pumped single and two phase cooling. Transcriptions of the videos are available.
ACT Webinars: Upcoming and previous webinars on thermal management topics.