HRVs – Passive Heat Pipe Heat Recovery Ventilators ACT-HP-HRV Series
- Passive, Energy Saving, Heat Pipe Heat Exchanger Technology
- Filtered intake and exhaust
- Individual fan speed controls
- Low profile for drop ceiling or raised floor installations
- Optional Anti-Frost tilt control
- Corrosion resistant models available
- Built and tested to AHRI standards
- UL Standard 207
About ACT-HP-HRV Heat Recovery Ventilators with Passive Heat Pipe Heat Exchanger Technology
ACT-HP-HRV Heat Pipe Heat Recovery Ventilator is a complete, filtered ventilation system that incorporates an outside air supply fan and a building exiting air exhaust fan. The goal is to achieve a continuous supply of fresh air into occupied commercial or industrial work spaces while exhausting an equal amount of potentially stale, contaminated air. ACT-HP-HRV is critical in promoting healthy Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) levels.
ACT HP-HRVs provide sustainable “sensible” heat recovery. ACT’s HP-HRVs are designed using high performance, zero maintenance heat pipe heat exchanger technology. Each unit utilizes the highly efficient ACT heat pipe heat exchanger core and is built and tested to AHRI Standards specifically for the end use applications . In winter time, the fresh incoming air stream is tempered by the energy that is transferred from the exhaust air stream. The result is passive, providing valuable energy savings that greatly reduce electrical utility loads while providing a healthier indoor environment. The reverse occurs in the summer. The hot incoming outside air stream is tempered by the air conditioned cool exhaust airstream saving thousands of Btus/hr.
ACT-HP-HRVs are most beneficial in colder climates that have longer heating seasons; and, in hotter, dryer climates like the Southwest USA. The highest savings occur when there is a large temperature difference between the incoming and exiting air streams. Two other important parameters are the velocity of the airflow and the size of the HRV. Many HRV installations have payback periods as short as one season of operation. ACT-HP-HRVs feature low pressure drop, passive energy savings and are offered for applications in the 300 to 2,700 cfm range (PDF product specification sheet). Custom units can be designed and built for larger systems, up to 100,000 cfm.
Optional Seasonal / Anti-Frost Control Where desired a tilt control feature can be added to the HP-HRV to enhance the energy transfer depending upon the season. This same tilting mechanism is often utilized as a frost protection system during periods of extreme cold. A PLC or the buildings energy management system can be easily employed to activate the tilt mechanism so that frost build up is avoided. ACT-HP-HRV’s feature filtered intake and exhaust streams with individual fan speed controls for air flow balancing. The HRV systems low profile allows for raised flooring or drop ceiling installations. Heavy-duty mounting rings are provided on all models for ease of ceiling installation.
Additional ACT-HP-HRV advantages over other types of HRV’s
- Decades of service without degradation
- No moving parts- no electrical or mechanical maintenance
- No belts, drives or rotating seals
- Space efficient slim design in custom length to width ratios
- Cooling or heating equipment capacity can be potentially reduced
- No cross-contamination between airstreams
- Easy to retro-fit to increase the efficiency of existing systems
- Anti-Frost Tilting Option: ACT-HP-HRV-XXX-AFT
- Anti-Corrosion Enclosure/E-Coat Option: ACT-HPV-HRV-XXX-AFT-AC-E
Note: Anti-Frost and Anti-Corrosion/E-Coat are available on all models