Increasing demands for technical innovation and performance are a key driver for the medical industry. Next generation medical devices need to be smaller, faster, more precise and more reliable. As a direct result of these technical enhancements, there is an escalating importance to thermal management. ACT has proven experience in the Medical industry, helping product designers and manufacturers solve key thermal problems.
Specific examples include increased duty cycle, lower operating temperatures, faster thermal cycling, and precision temperature control. ACT’s thermal management experts have broad and in-depth knowledge of thermal technologies and are well versed in the intricacies and challenges of developing products for medical use. ACT has experience integrating and prototyping solutions that include state of the art heat pipes, liquid cooling, thermoelectric cooling, heat sinks, interface materials and more.
Whether it’s a feasibility study, product analysis, design, prototyping or manufacturing, ACT has the Design & Analysis skills and manufacturing resources to solve your thermal issue!
Two-Phase Cooling Benefits Include:
- Reduction of device surface temperature for patient contacting surfaces
- Reduction of device operating temperature, resulting in:
- Higher reliability
- Increased duty cycle
- Higher power handling capability
- Precision temperature control (<0.01⁰C)
- Faster thermal cycling
- Low Maintenance
- Passive thermal systems such as heat pipes operate silently
- Surgical Devices
- Imaging Systems Thermal Control
- Diagnostic Devices
- Heat Exchangers
- Laser diodes
- Biomedical and laboratory equipment cooling